Graduate Recruitment – 2019
The Forth Ports Group; the third largest Port Group in the UK owns and operates eight commercial ports throughout the country. It may surprise you to know that our Ports handle goods to the value of 75% of the UK’s GDP. You can find our strategically positioned Ports on the River Thames in Essex, the Firth of Forth and Firth of Tay in Scotland; this is where we offer a wide range of port-related services that help connect the UK with Europe and the rest of the world.
The Quay to your Future?
At Forth Ports we recognise that a skilled workforce is key to our success as a major Port business and we employ over 1,100 staff across our UK Ports in a diverse range of occupations. Stop for a moment and consider just how significant ports are to the UK economy and environment and you will start to understand the interesting and exciting business opportunities that exist.
Working at our Ports in Scotland and Tilbury, you will rotate around the business undertaking meaningful projects which add value to our business. You will learn about business logistics, operations, worldwide shipping, finance and budgets, business development, health and safety and human resources.
From the outset, your good problem solving skills and creative thinking will help solve logistical challenges and demands. You must be comfortable thinking on your feet, taking decisions and working in a pressurised, customer focused environment.
What Do I need?
- Minimum of 2:2 degree classification (anticipated) in any degree discipline;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Full and unrestricted right to work in the UK;
- Willingness to relocate and work across the Group – a minimum of 4 placements within two years
What can Forth Ports offer me?
In return for your commitment, we will invest in your development and on successful completion of the two year programme, you will be offered a permanent position within one of our dynamic Ports.
- A structured learning and education pathway linked to your professional development;
- A starting salary of £24,000 (with regular performance and salary reviews);
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement;
- Defined Contribution pension scheme;
- Accommodation costs on placement will be covered by the Company
We would really like to hear from you
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please read our Q&A.
Check Forth Ports out on Facebook and Twitter.
Closing Date: 06th January 2019
Or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org